Tuesday, August 01, 2017

these are not "romantic" notions

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values. I'm not interested in politics like people fighting back with sticks and stones, but in the politics of love. I think there is nothing more radical than two people loving each other, because it's so infrequent" Bono

This quote, I stitched it to my h(ear)t since I first read it many years ago. Today, in this era of global turmoil, it rings truer than ever. In our time of intensifying, unforgiving polarization, hate, fear and variegated -isms unearthed, to love one another rebelliously, fiercely, fearlessly and without apology ... to suffocate the flames of hateful divisiveness with the cool embrace of love ... it is the only way ... to be scorched, yet unhurt 

This love, it always starts with two people ... for love can only expand like ringlets in a pond: from the center to the outer reaches. Reach me your hand, scarred and bruised, and we hold tight. Because this love, it is the only way ... That is where I intend to start -- nurturing the relationships I treasure ... giving the gift of time and attention, patience and acceptance ... allowing the persons I love to open my eyes, heart and mind ... embracing their flaws and learning ... always learning, growing deep and wide ... love my neighbor and my neighborhood, community, earth ... the universe. We are sentient beings, not alone in this here and in this now

The universe is vast ... we are seemingly, trivial, and yet we resonate in forever … and eventuality will turn you and me into the stardust from wherein we were born, carried by intergalaxial currents to a _____ we cannot conceive and I do not have a word or notion for … , but it is out there and in here, within each of us and in the space between us ... 

No comments: