Monday, August 07, 2017

Unstoppable

"I'm unstoppable 
I'm a Porsche with no brakes 
I'm invincible
Yeah, I win every single game
I'm so powerful ... "

That Sia song has been on a repeat loop in my mind for weeks now. I think every woman, young and older, needs to listen to a song like this and embrace the fierce in it.  It inspires me when I'm walking up the 9 flights of stairs at work, or pumping myself mentally before giving a presentation, or cycling up a hill with my thighs on fire ...


And so, as molten lava rose from the birth bosom of primordial sea 

I rise
Erupt
Layer folding upon layer of smoldering, life giving force rumbling through the amniotic 
Steam, Fire, Sweat ... hiss ... I am born 
Again

A threshold crossed under a quietly ravenous gaze
I will not be the same for all the tomorrows hereafter
The bruises, tears, and doubts shed 
I crawl out of that dry husk, willed by touch and breath
New, glistening, smooth ... underneath, I always was

I let you open me 
Lap from my fountain 
Swim in my ocean 
Dance in my eyes 
Rest in my mind 

I am open 
Free and true 
to take shape, intended at the bang (start of it all) ... the genesis 

Moth to a flame 
I am moth, you flame  ... now the same 
as we were at the start of all of 
this 


No comments: