Thursday, August 03, 2017

choice

I choose depth
i choose to lay by your warmth in the 3AM stillness and feel the songs that move your
soul

i choose to wade, slow and easy, in your deepest dark, bathe in your bright brilliance
take my sweet time

and i won't flinch when I take you with me to mine
i choose to hold your face in my eyes

as Joni Mitchell sings "love is touching souls"

and yes, you have infiltrated songs
that's where I am

funny how that happens

and i walk this path, maybe alone

and that's ok

i love feeling you like this

it is something free

like the mountains

they are there and beautiful

oblivious to me

but a(part) of me, nevertheless

so, you should know,

i choose depth

no longer can i skim the surface of this placid lake, when I know there lies Atlantis below

i choose the cooler undercurrents that are the shape of you

ask the difficult questions, and the mundane

i don't know what lies beneath, but i will submerge my wholeness anyways

how else will i know

come with me, or don't

i am diving regardless

because, simply put

i choose depth





No comments: