Sunday, August 06, 2017

I'm falling, falling, falling 
for you, you, you ... 

All this "time" and only now 
I stare at you 
bedazzled by your spirit 
aware of your courage

not too long ago, someone said you were "effervescent"
and I was a little in disbelief 
because that is a strong word,
a beautiful concept 
but, was it really you?
could it be? 

Now, though, I know it and more 
Damn woman, you light my fire 
are my fire 
and the air that breathes life to embers 
and the rain, wind, thunderstorm
you are all of it 

and, all i want to do is be with you
walk the roads, 
all of them

the ones you and I walked lifetimes ago 
and, maybe for lifetimes more
our footprints in the forests 
tears in the morning mist 

and, I want to walk them with you today
entranced as I am with your soul light 
aware as i have become of your heart-mind 

all this "time", how was I so blind?
deaf to your song 
now draws me in deep and out far 

this is why, I guess
we are here, you and I, like this
exactly where we are supposed to be

this moment, this "place"
you and I
me and you
us
we
me
I







No comments: