Don't censor the parts of me that don't jive with you
This is me, true in the flesh, deep in the spirit
Yes, I am pretty and acceptably packaged, a daisy in a lollipop field
Know this though, I have always been wild and free just below the surface, a thistle on rugged mountain
That will not change
For anyone
Don't pretend not to see that which you don't like, that which is my truth
Don't attempt to mold and chisel me into your dream
I am not your dream
I am not your fantasy
I am an incarnation
Of exactly who I was meant to be
Who I know to be
All the goddesses that reigned before me
Earth under their nails and sweat on their lips
Lightning in their eyes and thunder in their heart
I am all of them
You choose
Whether or not
you see
the lollipop daisy
or,
the real me
No comments:
Post a Comment