Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I know you"

When you meet someone for the first time and you are inexplicably drawn to them and they to you. What is that, that mysterious sense of familiarity with a perfect stranger? What is that peculiar, unshakeable instinct of a shared knowledge, belief, faith, experience, past, something, anything ... They could be from half way around the world from you in many senses, but you are mutually aware that you are, in fact, from the same true "place".

Is that what a soul mate is? Maybe you knew each other in a previous incarnation (if you believe in that), or your soul's speak the same language, vibrate at the same frequency ... you are then aware of your intimate connection to something beyond "you" ... that boundaries between objects are perceptions and that maybe there are no objects, just oneness because where do I stop and you begin...

And, you think to yourself "I know you".

I have always known you.

No comments: