It's 2012. Not only is it 2012, it's almost March. Fourth year of medical school has quite literally "flown by". It started with studying for the USMLE2, then taking the USMLE2, then waiting for the results while writing my personal statement and preparing the rest of my residency application, applying to residency programs, waiting for invitations to interview, receiving interview invitations, scheduling them, going to them ... many of them, spending a lot of money I do not have, learning, meeting, talking, lots and lots of talking, New Years, more interviews, rank order list, nervousness, excitement, ruminating over and sometimes dreaming about whether I made the "right choices?", and now waiting ...
Amidst all this, some incredible things have happened. My best friend form medical school got married in Seattle, my best friend from college got married in New York. I went on my first mother-daughter vacation. An incredible 10 days driving around the breathtaking Southwest with my beautiful mother. Unforgettable. Two professors, one of whom was very influential on my path, passed away. One a slower progressive death, another a sudden, unexpected death. Both a surprise. In a few months I will be a real doctor with real responsibility, to people, to children and the people who love them. I will be employed and earning money. I will be making decisions and working hard. All this change in one year. It's a lot. It's beautiful. I love all of it. I can't believe I'm here. I know I am blessed through and through again for my life, health, family and friends and the gift of love and gratitude.
3 comments:
love you!
I love you.
Love you
Post a Comment