Monday, February 23, 2009

Weird Coincidences

I believe in signs. Some of them are so blatant and in your face, they leave little room for interpretation.

Three days ago while trying to take a nap, words upon words crashed one after another into my tired mind. I tried to shield myself, I just wanted to plummet into the oblivion of sleep, but they hurled themselves at me with such great force I had to get up and write them down.

The title of the poem was Love Letter to Myself. Although it is unfinished I had the intention of posting it onto this blog. Funny thing is, today as I was rummaging through Youtube for old Def Jam Poetry clips I ran into this. It's called, "Love Poem to Myself". To say it spoke to me is a grossly exaggerated understatement. It pierced me, embraced me, smashed into me.

I don't know this woman (Ishle Park), but I do. Something very real and visceral reached out of time-space and cyberspace and grasped me. And again, I was reminded of the power of art to connect, the purpose of art to connect, and simply the ability of people to connect.



No comments: