So, it's 24 days into the "new" year. In case you are wondering, the quotation marks signify what I perceive to be an arbitrary point in an arbitrary concept, time, created by man.
So much is going on in the macrocosm. Gaza is burning and bleeding. The recent inauguration of Barack Obama, the first ever black president of the United States, took on historic proportions. Record numbers of people in the US are losing their homes.
And, there is so much going on in the microcosm of people's individual lives whether related to or unrelated to the aforementioned events.
And in the midst of it all I find myself lodged in my own little microcosm. Sometimes, I feel strong, sensing the weight and certainty of each step I take. Some of the time, I feel like the surface of a lake on a windy day, ripples in every direction.
Truth lies within. Who knew something so close could be so obscure. Maybe I need to learn how to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment