have been testing. Last night, I broke down and for the first time really questioned what I was doing here because after staring at my electrocardiography notes and listening to the lecture for 4 hours I new less than when I began. Yes, negative learning, it's possible. Thankfully, my friend taught me what I needed to know in 1/2 an hour. It was that easy. I am writing a brutally honest evaluation for this professor who wasted my time, energy, and sanity. After going to lab this morning and realizing that almost all my classmates were equally frustrated and lost, I didn't feel as alone in this world of leads, ECGs, and tachycardias.
It continued to be a weird day for various reasons and I decided to go out for lunch, an excuse to enjoy the unusual 65 degree weather. While I was munching on a chicken wrap and musing over my ECG diagrams, an unassuming man brightened up my day with his simple kindness and thoughtfulness. He didn't know it, but with one effortless gesture of humanity he lifted my spirits more than he could ever imagine. I thank him.
I guess no act is ever too small to help a fellow human see the that the sun is only temporarily hiding behind the clouds.
1 comment:
hiPinar,
it is true, sometimes it takes a word,or simple smile to brighten people's life.
Post a Comment